Join OT Michelle Lange on demand for this NRRTS CEU Accredited Webinar, An Introduction to Dynamic Seating for Wheelchairs.
Dynamic seating provides movement within a wheelchair. When the client moves, the dynamic seating components move with the client, maintaining alignment with the seating system for postural support and stability. Clients who extend within the seating system or seek out movement may benefit from dynamic seating. Dynamic components absorb and diffuse force, protecting both the client from pain and injury and the wheelchair seat and frame from damage. Absorbing force may reduce muscle tone. Providing movement can increase alertness and decrease agitation. Movement can also improve function and postural control.
The participant will be able to:
- List 3 clinical indicators for Dynamic Seating.
- List 3 areas of movement provided by Dynamic Seating.
- List 1 product option for a Dynamic Back, Dynamic Footrests, and Dynamic Head Support Hardware.
Michelle L. Lange, OTR/L, ABDA, ATP/SMS
Michelle L. Lange, OTR/L, ABDA, ATP/SMS is an occupational therapist with 35 years of experience and has been in private practice, Access to Independence, for over 15 years. She is a well-respected lecturer, both nationally and internationally and has authored numerous texts, chapters, and articles. She is the co-editor of Seating and Wheeled Mobility: a clinical resource guide, editor of Fundamentals in Assistive Technology, 4th ed., NRRTS Continuing Education Curriculum Coordinator and Clinical Editor of NRRTS Directions magazine. Michelle is a RESNA Fellow and member of the Clinician Task Force. Michelle is a certified ATP, certified SMS and is a Senior Disability Analyst of the ABDA.
Two Ways to Watch this Free Seminar
Watch This Seminar without CEU Credits
Earn Free CEU Credits from this Seminar
- Step 1 – Register for the seminar.
- Step 2 – Watch the course.
- Step 3 – Go to www.brainsbuilder.com to complete the Course Evaluation and Quiz.
- Select “Take Assessment” and enter Assessment ID: dynamic22, Password: seating
- Upon completion, your certificate will arrive via email from Brainsbuilder, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- If you do not receive the certificate immediately, check spam/junk folders.
- Contact Annette Hodges at email@example.com with questions about the quiz, course evaluation,
NRRTSCE is certifying the educational contact hours of the program and by doing so is in no way endorsing any specific content, company, or product. The information presented in this program may represent only a sample of appropriate interventions. As an IACET Accredited Provider, The National Registry of Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. This course is approved for .1 CEU(s).